- The privacy of our website visitors is highly important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. This policy explains how we handle your personal information.
B. How We Collect Your Personal Data
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of this website, including referral source, duration of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Information you provide when registering on our website, such as your email address.
- Information you provide when creating a profile on our website, including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details.
- Information you provide to subscribe to our emails and/or newsletters.
- Information generated when using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
- Information about everything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, including your name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card details.
- Information you post on our website with the intention to publish it on the internet.
- Any other personal information you send to us.
C. Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided to us through our website will be used for the purposes stated in this policy or on relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering our website and business
- Customizing our website for you
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website
- Sending you goods purchased via our website
- Delivering services purchased via our website
- Sending you quotes, invoices, and payment reminders, as well as processing payments from you.
- Sending marketing communications to you
- Sending email communications specifically requested by you.
- Sending our newsletter via email (you can unsubscribe at any time).
- Sending marketing communications related to our business or third-party companies that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users.
- Handling inquiries and complaints made by or about you in relation to our website
- Keeping our website secure and preventing fraud.
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant us. Your privacy settings can limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website. We will not provide your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing without your express consent.
D. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information to all members of our company group as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent required by law;
- In connection with ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the buyer (or prospective buyer) of any business or asset that we are selling (or contemplating); and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would reasonably order disclosure of personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
E. International Data Transfers
- Information we collect may be stored, processed, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information we collect may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force within the EEA, such as the USA, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
F. Retaining Personal Information
- This section outlines our policies and procedures for data retention, designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the storage and deletion of personal information.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding other provisions in this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data: a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law; b. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and c. to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
G. Security of Your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use to access our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when logging in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy via email or through the private messaging system on our website.
I. Your Rights
You can instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- Payment of a fee, and
- Supplying appropriate evidence of your identity, for which we usually accept a notarized photocopy of your passport plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold personal information you request to the extent permitted by law.
You can instruct us at any time not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
J. Third-Party Websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to and details of third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, third-party privacy policies and practices.
K. Updating of Information
Please inform us if the personal data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Most web browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, for example: a. In Internet Explorer (version 10), you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”; b. In Firefox (version 24), you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unchecking “Accept cookies from sites”; and c. In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by going to the “Customize and control” menu, clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” section.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer, for example: a. In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835); b. In Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy,” then selecting “Use custom settings for history,” clicking “Show cookies,” and then clicking “Remove all cookies”; and c. In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by going to the “Customize and control” menu, clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.